Friday, October 23, 2009

"You basically need a uterus to qualify..." as one of Diablo Cody's heroes.

Just went to hear the talented Miss Diablo Cody speak. Literally mind boggling how in with it she is yet how so out of it. She refers to herself as a former punk kid and finally found something she can "fail at, yet find success in." (aka writing and screenwriting)
 


And oh my, does she have a way with words. I would quote her if I was as fast and as loose of a canon, but I'm not.


The Oscar-winning screenwriter and self-proclaimed "loner" is witty, articulate and full of stories, like um, the fact she used to be a stripper and wrote her memoir at the age of 24.


I must say I love how she goes to "write in her trailer, because she's trash."


Personally I cannot wait to read Candy Girl: A Year in the Life of An Unlikely Stripper.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment